The ImmunityScientific Focus Group (SFG) was the first of six such groups to be initiated within our CFAR in 2013. The emphasis of this group is on innate and acquired immunity, and the group is led by Drs. Dennis Burton and John Young.
The next meeting of this group is scheduled on Thursday, April 3, at 2:30 p.m. in the Trustees' Room at the Salk Institute. Please by March 27 if you would like to attend. Richard Wyatt, PhD, is the scheduled speaker.
We hope to have wide participation across all of the CFAR member institutions (UCSD, The Scripps Research Institute, the Salk Institute and La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology).
Following scientific presentations, participants will be invited to consider the several items for future discussion:
- Promising and emerging areas of immunity research;
- Collaborative opportunities among the wealth of talent across our CFAR members and programs;
- Resources (prioritization of developmental grants, Core services, etc.) that can help to move efforts forward in this area;
- Recommendations on outside investigators to invite for a day of discussion and a seminar; and
- Other initiatives and investments the CFAR can provide to facilitate research initiatives in this area.
Please contact us if you have suggestions or questions, or if we can provide additional information about this exciting new initiative.