The NeurobehavioralScientific Focus Group (SFG) is one of six such groups to be initiated within our CFAR in 2013. The emphasis of this group is on the neurologic and psychiatric aspects of HIV, integrating behavioral, imaging, neurocognitive, pathological, and virological components. The group is led by Drs. Igor Grant and Steven Paul Woods.
The next meeting of this SFG will be on Thursday, December 5, from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. in the HNRP conference room, at the .
We hope to have wide participation across all of the CFAR member institutions (UCSD, The Scripps Research Institute, the Salk Institute and La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology).
At each SFG meeting, one or more investigators will discuss recent data and ongoing projects. Participant feedback will be invited on the following items for future discussion:
- Promising and emerging areas of immunity research;
- Collaborative opportunities among the wealth of talent across our CFAR members and programs;
- Resources (prioritization of developmental grants, Core services, etc.) that can help to move efforts forward in this area;
- Recommendations on outside investigators to invite for a day of discussion and a seminar; and
- Other initiatives and investments the CFAR can provide to facilitate research initiatives in this area.
We hope that you will join us! Please contact us if you have suggestions or questions, or if we can provide additional information about this exciting new initiative.